This is a new and excellent opportunity to join a respected company within their award-winning team
You will be joining an award-winning company working within their technical team in their Cambridge office. They are an established company going from strength to strength and are continuing to grow their team.
You will be working primarily within the residential sector on both private sector and affordable housing schemes. Duties to include:
- Responsible for managing individual projects throughout the Working Drawings stage (alongside external development partners where required) ensuring that these are produced to the agreed design and specification standards, achieve agreed programmes.
- Responsible for managing the in-house Working Drawings programme and for inputting into design team master programme
- Preparation of Employers Requirements and Specifications to meet sales and development aspirations
- Assist in the preparation of Standard Specifications, and library of Standard Design and Construction Details
- Provide Technical Design audits on planning schemes (prepared both in-house and externally) to ensure that agreed design standards are met and that development potential is maximised.
- Responsible for ensuring that working drawings comply with the design intent of the agreed Contract Drawings and meet the requirements of the Development Team, Sales Team and the Architectural Design Team
- Providing individual design detailing support on projects during the working drawings and construction process, including attending site to carry out inspections as and when required.
- Manage and support junior members of the team
- Liaise and negotiate with Local Authorities and Regulatory Bodies to maximise development potential of individual schemes
- Architectural qualification required, either registered architect or architectural technologist, and 10 years’ experience in the residential architecture sector.
- A good knowledge of building processes and Building Regulations
- Experience of running individual projects and co-ordinating consultants through working drawing stages of a project.
- Revit and AutoCAD proficiency
Salary circa £50,000 - £55,000 per annum + company car / car allowance