Senior Building Surveyor
Do you have the passion and commitment to deliver exceptional levels of quality and service within the Surveying industry?
Your New Role
we are pleased to be representing a reputable, local residential surveying firm.
An independent practice with an experienced and dedicated team who provide expert services across Essex and London. This is your opportunity to join a close-knit team of Chartered Surveyors, all working in a friendly and productive environment which is free from “high pressure targets” and “office politics”.
The company continues to grow and is again seeking to attract new team members. Known for exceptional quality and reliability, business is flourishing. With the majority of their clients being national and local banks and financial institutes, they focus on Residential instructions and provide a wide range of; Valuation work (including Red Book) and Residential Building Surveys.
As this is also a senior appointment, you would also be responsible for managing small teams and taking on additional management duties as you naturally progress towards Associate Director. Career progression to management is expected within one to two years, although a shorter or immediate pathway would be considered for the right candidate who is already performing at a similar level.
As a firm of chartered surveyors, it is highly desirable you will be a qualified surveyor, preferably MRICS with a current Registered Valuer status (RVS). However, we will also consider applications from competent Building Surveyors who are interested in progressing into residential with the desire to become a registered valuer within 6-9 months.
· Active RICS membership (AssocRICS, MRICS or FRICS) - or ability to become an associate within 6-12 months.
· Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
· Previous experience carrying out residential and/or commercial surveys or valuations
· Hardworking and professional attitude
· Ability to provide exceptional high standards in a fast pace environment
· Committed to delivering a client focused service
· Proven and loyal employment history
· Driven to progress in your career towards Directorship of a company
· Due to the nature of the role; must have a full UK driving license.
· Registered Valuer status
· Residential specialism
· Red Book experience highly desirable
· Managerial experience of small teams or departments
· Have a career goal of becoming an Associate / senior management of a small but expanding company.
· A healthy annual remuneration comprised of a basic salary Circa £50,000 with additional car allowance and competitive bonus incentive (conservative OTE £60k-£70k).
· Good degree of flexibility in both working from home and working hours.
· Opportunity to become a Director within a small but growing, established company with an excellent reputation.