Project Quantity Surveyor
Due to expansion, an opportunity to join a fantastic consultancy based in Northamptonshire has arisen. Career progression and the opportunity to work on some exciting projects makes this the perfect opportunity for a career driven Quantity Surveyor
Your New Role
My client is an established quantity surveying, costings and project management firm with a commercial specialism, based in Northamptonshire and covering a larger area. With over 20 years trading experience, this company is a specialist in commercial properties including educational, hospitality and leisure, healthcare and industrial. Due to continued growth and a large amount of blue chip clients, this company is looking for a Chartered Project Quantity Surveyor to join them in delivering exceptional service across all commercial sectors.
You will be delivering the cost estimations and valuations, working directly with clients from pre-tender to final billing. You will be comfortable in a PQS role and have full understanding of your tasks and responsibilities. Working in a small but expanding team, you will utilise your colleague’s strengths and be able to add to the company and their professional and also personal ethos. You will have access to commercial projects with a value of between £1m to £40m; in sectors including commercial, industrial and warehouse, retail, education and healthcare.
· Experience in Project Quantity Surveying
· Work experience within the private sector
· Good commercial knowledge involving at least one sector stated above (healthcare, education, industrial, hospitality and leisure)
· Excellent communication skills
· Able to work to own devices with minimal support
· Be a team player
· Client liaison experience
· IT literate
· Must be passionate about your job and driven to progress your career.
· A 2:1 degree of higher in an appropriate field of study
· Willing to supervise junior staff members
· Previous loyalty to past employers (not moved around much)
· A desire to better your industry knowledge and learn new skills.
My client is offering a competitive package of between £35,000 - £40,000 basic plus a company car allowance, bonus incentive, pension, private healthcare and other benefits. There is room for negotiation dependent on experience and there are options for future career progression within this company towards Director level.