Programme / Project Manager
Are you a degree qualified Civil Engineer with Programme or Project Management experience within the defence sector? We have an exciting 12 month contract working on a major works programme on a live military base in Cambridgeshire.
Your New Role
You will be joining a site based team of Project Managers on a major works programme on a military airbase in Cambridgeshire. The project is a mix of design, planning and construction of new facilities, utilities and security plus extensive infrastructure refurbishment and extensions.
Working as part of the existing Client project team you will provide programme and stakeholder management support. You will be working full-time on-site, supporting the Client, monitoring multiple construction contracts on a live military airfield. MOD, RAF or USAF or defence project experience is absolutely essential.
To be successful you need to have:
- Proven experience of construction and building project management
- Working knowledge and ability to interrogate project programmes prepared in accordance with NEC3
- The ability to update programmes using MS Project.
- Strong experience in stakeholder management, excellent communication and recording skills.
- Experience of successfully delivering project goals during construction to project handover
- Experienced in a Client or Consultant support role
A little about you and what we require:
- Degree qualified preferably in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Membership with a recognised industry body ICE, CIOB, RICS, APM, etc
- NEC3 Accredited would be an advantage;
- Holder of a current CSCS card
- Security Clearance to SC level will be required.
The client can offer a salary up to £60,000 - £70,000 on an initial fixed one year contract or a day rate arrangement to reflect your experience. Please send your CV to be shortlisted for this role.