Temporary position available in Northampton - Looking accountants with experience of preparing local government accounts
Your New Role
The primary areas of responsibility for the role are;
Treasury / Tax
• Supporting the development of the treasury management arrangements
• Lead in the budget monitoring of the debt finance budgets, reporting through the monthly monitoring reports on any variances through the companies arrangements
• Contributing to the financial instruments disclosure notes required as part of the statement of accounts
• Responsible for the taxation / VAT management, returns and responding to VAT queries
• Working collaboratively and flexibly with both finance team members
To take a lead role in preparing the annual statement of accounts, in conjunction with the Group Accountant
2. To lead on the finalisation and delivery of final accounts working papers.
3. To assist in the creation of capital accounting entries to the annual accounts, including those associated with leased assets
4. To prepare the Whole accounts pack in conjunction with the Group Accountant
5. To liaise with external auditors, managing the delivery of information in response to auditor requests and in respect of final accounts working papers.
6. To attend meetings and working groups as required.
MUST HAVE: Experience preparing Local Government Accounts
- Tax/ VAT Experience
- Treasury Management Experience