Manage the Planned Maintenance service of over 3000 properties throughout East Anglia.
Your New Role
A career within Property Services is never dull. Working within a sector worth over £300bn requires talented people with energy and ideas. Over the last decade, the affordable housing sector has experienced significant change, rapidly adapting to what is becoming an increasingly commercial environment
We’re looking for a seasoned Maintenance Manager. Someone capable of managing the Planned Maintenance service of over 3000 properties throughout East Anglia. It’s a challenging role looking after a busy housing portfolio delivering a comprehensive planned and improvement works programme. Therefore, previous experience in property planned works and proven experience managing contractors and consultants is essential.
Working successfully as a small team, you’ll also ensure statutory compliance on all assets in respect of; Gas Servicing, Asbestos, Legionella, Fire Risks, Lifts, Electrical and other associated Mechanical and Electrical Services. A strong knowledge of Health & Safety legislation is essential.
This is your opportunity to join a company who are passionate about their people. A top 100 employer and an Investors in People accredited organisation. Your career will flourish as you become an integral part of seasoned property team and help keep the homes of tenants at the standards they expect.
· Manage the Maintenance Department and all staff within it.
· Maintain the required standards and adhere to legal legislation; provide a safe, efficient, and cost-effective maintenance service for the company’s property portfolio and properties managed on behalf of others.
· To continually review processes and procedures to look for improvement and drive change.
· Report to the Managing Director, and the board, on performance of the Maintenance Department.
· Ensure the department maintains a professional and customer orientated relationship with staff, tenants, and members of the public.
· As a member of the Management Group, contribute to the smooth running of the business.
· As a member of the company Health and Safety Group, ensure the safety of maintenance staff, properties, and the public, ensuring compliance with all company Health and Safety policies and legal requirements
· The successful candidate will ideally have had previous experience in a similar role and hold relevant qualifications befitting the level of the role. They will also be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
If you have the drive to make a real difference, a ‘can do’ attitude, a team player, and a leader of people, then we would like to hear from you. In return we offer a competitive salary and holiday, car allowance (or company car), contributory pension scheme and private healthcare. This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday, 7.30am and 4.30pm.
You will work 37.5 hours per week and your salary package will be commensurate with your experience - but expected to be circa £37,000 - £40,000 with appropriate benefits including car allowance.