Lead Fire Consultant
Credit where credit’s due…and you’ll be due plenty of it here. You will be backed to succeed and rewarded accordingly. The task is to grow and develop a specialist fire consultancy team. You will be the Lead Fire Consultant providing expert advice across multiple sectors. Your success will get all the credit it deserves…
Your New Role
This is a company with ambition. They plan to grow dramatically over the next 12 months. It's the perfect time to join this niche consultancy as they work towards creating something extraordinary.
The consultancy delivers specialist health and safety, asbestos, fire engineering, risk and construction management services.
The next area of growth involves developing a specialist Fire Consultancy team by building on existing business as well as capitalising on new opportunities. There are opportunities to work with both Public and Private Sector clients.
As the Lead Fire Consultant, this role demands a Fire Engineering expert. You will have the ability to interrogate building designs to analyse the potential spread of fire and provide specialist advice. A relevant degree level qualification is required along with relevant professional accreditation. Ideally, you’ll have previously worked with building contractors or consultancies.
This position offers a wide variety of tasks. Here’s a selection of responsibilities:
- Applying fire engineering in the design of buildings
- Attending on-site meetings, client meetings and design team meetings
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to win or deliver projects with a fire safety component
- Design and drawing appraisals, checking for fire design compliance with Approved Document B, BS9999 or fire engineering design
- Undertaking Fire Risk Assessments in accordance with nationally recognised standards
- Preparation of fire strategies and fire safety manuals
- Delivering work to a high standard within set timeframes
- Reporting to the Managing Director
- Attending client/contractor meetings when necessary
- Preparation and delivery of fire safety training courses
- Undertake business development activities to a level commensurate with the role, our client base includes; education, defence, infrastructure, retail and residential.
- Fire safety management; Fire Compartmentation Surveys, Passive and active fire safety building systems; occupancy levels; places of special fire risk, fire escape doors and fire escape routes.
- An understanding of fire-fighting lifts; emergency lighting, fire alarms, fire hydrants, sprinklers and firefighting equipment, specialist fire protection systems, arrangements for disabled people, fire appliance routes, construction fire safety audits and plans, end-user Fire Safety Manuals.
This opportunity will utilise your current skills whilst providing plenty of scope for professional development.
You’ll be able to take credit for the growth and development of a specialist fire consultancy team by making the most of the company’s existing client relationships.
It’ll take a talented individual to achieve these key deliverables - so the company is willing to offer a highly competitive remuneration package to attract the right calibre of applications.
This is an opportunity that offers the perfect blend of company growth, professional investment, recognition, and reward.
Realise your ambition and get the credit you deserve; apply here.