Exciting opportunity to join a design-led company within their award winning team
You will be joining an award winning company working within their design team in their Cambridge office. They are an established company going from strength to strength and are continuing to grow their team.
You will be working primarily within the residential sector on both private sector and affordable housing schemes. Duties to include:
- Responsible for managing the design quality on multiple schemes prepared by external consultants to ensure that agreed design and planning standards are met, that development potential is maximised, and that Joint Venture Partner and Key Stakeholder requirements are achieved. Design audit process to take place regularly throughout feasibility to planning determination project stages
- Work collaboratively with Joint Venture Partners and Key Stakeholders recognising their key drivers and ensure that the design of individual projects positively responds to these objectives
- Compile planning and design briefs for individual projects to ensure that agreed design standards are achieved, and that Sales and Development requirements are met
- Advise on design consultant Appointments and Scope of Services
- Liaise with Construction team members to ensure that appropriate technical design principals are established to suit individual project requirements
- Manage the preparation of internally designed feasibility schemes, and detailed designs for planning applications, ensuring that these are produced to agreed and appropriate design standards, achieve required programmes, maximise development potential and are in line with Development Team and Sales Team requirements..
- Manage multiple scale and type of projects at any one time
- Manage and support junior members of the Design Team
- Liaise and negotiate with Local Authorities to maximise development potential of individual schemes.
- Architectural qualification required, either registered architect (preferred) or architectural technologist, and at least 10 years’ experience in the residential architecture sector.
- A sound knowledge of all stages the design process (feasibility to completion) is essential
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to high quality residential architectural design.
- Experience in large scale residential urban regeneration projects is preferred and candidate should be able to demonstrate experience of working successfully as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the development of appropriate and innovative residential design solutions.
- An understanding of master planning principles and processes is required, along with experience of the planning and building regulations processes
Salary circa £40,000 - £55,000 per annum + company car