We are proud to be recruiting on behalf of our innovative and respected client as they embark on a period of growth and expansion.
Your New Role
Working as part of our design team, under the leadership of the Design Team Manager, the Design Co-ordinator will work closely with our design team and BIM managers to perform a variety of tasks, predominantly in the pre-construction phase of projects, helping to ensure the clients’ requirements and specific Employers’ requirements are interpreted correctly and that the schemes produced reflect both the clients’ needs and the company’s proprietary build system and environmental technologies. The Design Coordinator will also ensure that projects are delivered to meet programme and budget requirements
- Review design information and comment in relation to technical compliance
- Liaise with estimating department members to ensure understanding of client's requirements and to review solutions
- Ensure all proposals are complete and manage the production accordingly
- Ensure all M&E Designs are reviewed prior to construction
- Monitor external design consultant's performance
- Attend design and client meetings when necessary
- Oversee the development of production information across all consultants and sub-contractors to ensure the information is fully coordinated and completed to meet the Employers requirements, programme and budget requirements. Ensure timely, presentable, consistent and a high level of quality design information.
- Ensure the design meets off site manufacturing design requirements
- Have a good working knowledge of building standards and ensure the design meets all regulations and statutory requirements including (but not limited to) Planning approvals, Building Regulations and Building Bulletins for DFE school designs.
- Monitoring designs for Health and Safety and contributing to risk assessments.
- Preparing design status reports and chair design team meetings.
- Ensuring the information management process is met and meets our internal ISO
- Degree in an architectural/engineering /construction management background
- At least 3 years post graduate experience, in a practice or business operating in the Educational building
- Experience in the design of sustainable, carbon neutral, energy positive buildings
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, DFE output specifications and Building Bulletins
- Full working knowledge of BIM modelling software, ideally ArchiCAD or Revit
- Experience within Offsite and Modern Methods of Construction