Commercial Property & Asset Manager - Head of Department
Are you a Commercial Property & Asset Manager looking to progress and take the next step in your career and manage a department?
Your New Role
We are looking for an experienced and motivational Commercial Property Manager to lead a team and play a crucial role in developing the department further through proactive management of existing instructions and winning new business.
Working alongside a renowned Chartered Surveyors and Commercial Property Consultants based in Suffolk the company prides itself on their traditional values, considering all members of staff as not just employees but part of a family.
Due to expansion after a record-breaking year, they are now looking to recruit a Head of Department to manage and oversee a mixed portfolio from single tenanted units to multi occupied Business Parks, Retail Parks and Industrial Estates.
You will be responsible for:
· Overseeing the property management department including a property manager, accounts administrator and a facilities assistant whilst managing your own portfolio.
· Driving continuous improvement in the property management systems and processes.
· Working closely with clients and their professional advisors, reporting in agreed formats including recommendations and actions, and creating an annual asset strategy for each property.
· Working with Management Accounts to oversee rent, insurance and service charge collection
· Preparing service charge budgets and dealing with reconciliations.
· Regular property and tenancy inspections
· Managing lease events and liaising with the firm's landlord & tenant and agency surveyors.
· Negotiating and managing leases
· Specify, tender and manage planned and reactive works and maintenance contracts.
· Developing new business and retaining existing instructions.
· Coordinating instructions for vacant units.
· Ensuring compliance with all aspects of health & safety, fire risk management, plant and M&E maintenance.
· Dealing with matters relating to asset disposals and acquisitions.
· Be conversant with RICS Practice Statements and statutory requirements of managing property.
In return alongside an attractive remuneration package, you will be listened to, your ideas will be embraced, and you will be considered part of a team.
If this sounds like a bit of you, then we would love to hear from you.
For more information, please contact Eva at Technical Moves