Are you a CAD Technician / Draughtsperson looking for something different? Working with a technical team dealing with bespoke made to measure doors, windows and glazing projects from CAD right through to manufacture and construction.
Your New Role
You will be joining a successful and expanding design and construction manufacturer that work on a range of bespoke glazing products. Working on many high end and projects that have gained national coverage, they design, supply and project manage the installation of bespoke doors, windows and roof lighting products. Working with a real mix of clients and with an in-house retail, technical and sales team every day has a different challenge.
Ideally you will be a CAD Technician or Technical Draughtsperson with an engineering, construction, architecture or product manufacture background. You will play an important role, working alongside the surveyors and technical staff, supporting the growing demand from their Cambridgeshire office.
To be successful you will have:
- Experienced using AutoCAD 2D ideally 2015 edition or later
- A technical mind with an eye for detail, drawing presentation and quality.
- An understanding of building construction and solving site problems
- Excellent team player, likeable character and good communicator
You will be responsible for:
- Looking after the company’s product drawing library.
- Setting out and drawing up glazing solutions from site surveyors’ notes.
- Periodically attending site survey appointments with the Surveyor as required.
- Creating bespoke manufacturing drawings.
- Undertaking research work for new products and associated drawing work, alongside other members of the technical team.
- The opportunity, if of interest, to progress and develop your skills to undertake your own site survey appointments.
The role offers a competitive salary to reflect your experience circa £19,000 - £25,000, 30 days holiday and company health insurance. You will have the chance to build a long-term career with a successful and expanding company with the potential for progression.
To be considered for our short list please send your CV to Carl Wright outlining your relevant experience for the role.