Rare opportunity to join a prestigious organisation and work on some complex, interesting and historic buildings.
Your New Role
We are interested in speaking with experienced building surveyors that can demonstrate a strong background in maintenance and refurbishment. We have a rare opportunity with a respected client who specialise in providing an estates and maintenance service across a large educational campus. Their team is responsible for maintaining the building’s fabric and assets of the organisations sites. This involves both planned and responsive maintenance, project management, design and condition surveying.
The role of their building surveyors is to undertake condition surveys and diagnose defects on the organisations portfolio. Their portfolio consists of a mixture of buildings including; classrooms, offices, tenanted accommodation and historic buildings. The surveyor will also be expected to maintain property records in accordance with current legislation and advises the client accordingly in respect of the management and use of their buildings.
In addition, it will be expected that the successful candidate will be involved within project work. This work is likely to include the design and specification of facilities, and the procurement of work in accordance with legislation.
- Carries out inspections and provide detailed reports on defects
- Carry out condition surveys on a mixture of buildings for long term and planned preventive maintenance purposes
- Carries out inspections for Health & Safety legislation work
- Assist with production of programme schedules (planned, cyclical, and statutory compliance)
- Undertake reactive maintenance and repair surveys
- Prepare specifications, schedules and working drawings for construction and repairs
- Provide supervision and management of external contractors
It is expected that the contract will last for a minimum of 6 months with a strong prospect to be extended to 12 months. Therefore you should be fully prepared to commit for the full term. As the work involves planned project work on a wide range of buildings, to be considered, you will need to demonstrate proven experience within either planned maintenance or projects - ideally on either educational or historic buildings.
Other requirements include;
- Previous experience delivering surveying services to a large portfolio - ideally educational
- Up to date knowledge of relevant construction legislation and Health & Safety
- Good knowledge of contract procedures and supervision of contractors
- Familiar with the variety of contract forms and associated procurement routes
- Strong knowledge of Planning Laws and in-depth knowledge of Building Regulations
- Educated with a minimum HND qualification, or equivalent level in a relevant construction subject
- Solid working knowledge of CAD and a good level of IT literacy - particularly on computerised systems
You will get the opportunity to work on an interesting and diverse property portfolio. Salary will be commensurate with your experience but as a guide will be between £33,000 - £40,000 on a 36.5 hour week, Monday- Friday with some flexibility to start and end times.
In addition, you will have access to an enhanced benefits package. This is a rare opportunity to join a prestigious organisation and work on some complex, interesting and historic buildings.