Building Manager / Surveyor
This is a rare opportunity to be an integral part of a team managing a privately-owned estate.
Your New Role
The estate comprises of, though not limited to, 225 cottages / farmhouses (including listed buildings / within conservation areas) on the Suffolk / Cambs / Essex border. Within the estate there are also a number of agricultural, commercial and light industrial buildings.
This position provides a varied workload and will suit someone that likes to be busy and has experience managing and overseeing several projects simultaneously. You will be responsible for managing planned and reactive property repairs and maintenance across the estate. In addition to the repair work, additional projects will include improvements, refurbishments and new build contracts.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Design and management of PPM / Cyclical maintenance
- Project Management of planned works
- Financial / Budget management
- Management of employed staff and external contractors
- Prioritising and delegation of repairs required
- Undertaking measured surveys and drawing up plans (AutoCAD)
- Implementation and upkeep of health and safety management and practices (Knowledge of CDM)
It is important that you have good communication skills, self-motivation and a good communicator that is comfortable dealing with tenants and stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of building construction and building regulations
- Contract administration and financial reporting
- Experience of tender process and JCT contracts
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD, Word and Excel
- Liaising with local planning authorities and building inspectors
Due to the varied nature of the role and the desire of the business to find the right person for the role, we are happy to consider applications from people within Surveying, Estates Management, Building Maintenance, Architecture etc that have suitable skills and experience.
It would be beneficial, but not essential, that you will have a recognised professional qualification such as MCIOB / MRICS/ MCABE / RIBA and will live within a reasonable of the client’s office located on the outskirts of Haverhill, Suffolk.
For more information of a confidential discussion, please contact Jack Cosh at Technical Moves on 01223 845333