This a fantastic opportunity for an experienced BIM Technician to join a growing design team near Cambridge.
Your New Role
Working as part a design team, under the leadership of the Design Manager and reporting to the BIM Manager, the BIM Technician will work closely with the Architects, specialist consultants and Architectural Technicians during the pre-construction phase of projects, converting clients’ requirements and specific Employers’ requirements and instructions from the internal and external Architects and Technicians to produce BIM compliant models that meet these needs and the company’s proprietary build system and environmental technologies.
The BIM Technician will be responsible for representing the requirements of the customer and the Architects to ensure that the products, components and parts designed meet these requirements and comply with appropriate building codes, regulations and other relevant compliance standards.
- Under the guidance of the BIM Manager, liaise with internal and external customers, end users, statutory bodies and design consultants to ensure the production of BIM compliant models
- Assist on all stages of the new product design process to control and interrogate the activities of external design consultants and internal design team members
- Identify and manage risks identifying design solutions to eliminate, reduce or control risks during the construction and final operation of the building
- Participate actively design team meetings.
- Comply with the processes stipulated under the company’s BOPAS and other Quality Assurance Processes, liaising with all relevant bodies as required.
- Work with internal and external designers, consultants and technicians to represent solutions to any conditions or approvals.
- 3+ years experience working in a similar role
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and BOPAS accreditation scheme
- Extensive knowledge of and skills in BIM modelling software, ideally ArchiCAD or Revit
In return they are offering a highly competitive salary in the region of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum