Assistant Building Surveyor
Assistant Building Surveyor working with a leading independent practice of surveyors and project managers. Join a thriving and respected team, known for quality of service on commercial, residential, education, healthcare, and retail projects.
Your New Role
You will be joining a building consultancy whose clients value expertise, knowledge and understanding. As Assistant Building Surveyor you will support and work alongside a small and successful team where you will gain excellent experience.
Based on the outskirts of London, the company is an accredited independent practice, multi-disciplined and growing. Established for over 30 years, they offer a comprehensive range of services. Collectively they are experts in; building consultancy, surveying, and project management. With a track record of delivering successful projects to an exceptional standard, they attract clients from commercial, residential, education, healthcare, industrial, and retail sectors. Projects vary in size, complexity, and type but typically from £1m - £10m.
Workload is varied and includes providing technical support to Senior and Associate level Surveyors. You will be involved with:
- Condition survey reports for asset expenditure planning
- Defect diagnosis surveys and reports
- Building survey reports, mainly non residential
- Specifying works and drafting schedules of works
- Planning and Building Control applications
- Contract Administrator duties
- Employer’s Agent duties
- Party wall surveying including site surveys and dictating schedules of condition.
Additional skills that would be highly desirable:
- Preparing detailed technical drawings using AutoCAD for building control applications
- Measured Surveys and associated AutoCAD drawings
- Dilapidations for commercial leases.
- CDM 2015 Principal Designer and Client Duties Advisory Services.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Building Surveyor or Assistant Building Surveyor, with prior consultancy or surveying practice experience. You will quickly become a valued team player, working on a variety of projects with trusted long-term clients.
Salary will reflect your level and experience, circa £24,000 - £35,000.
You will be joining an employer that can offer a long-term career where you will play a key part of their team and future. Contact us to find our more.