Architectural Technician or Technologist with good Revit skills required for an exciting opportunity
Your New Role
You will be joining an award-winning company working within their architectural team in their Cambridgeshire office. They are an established company working primarily within the residential sector on both private sector and affordable housing schemes. Duties to include:
- Preparation of Working Drawings and assist with standard design details, ensuring that these are produced to agreed and appropriate design standards, achieve required programmes and are in line with Development Team and Sales Team requirements.
- Responsible for following and coordinating the BIM processes and protocols utilised by the in-house technical team for Working Drawings packages, and for establishing and maintaining Revit templates, standard components and filing systems.
- Compile individual Project Working Drawings packages in line with company procedures and in liaison with external consultants.
- Provide Detailed Design audits on planning schemes (prepared both in-house and externally) to ensure that agreed design standards are met and that development potential is maximised.
- Providing individual design detailing support on projects during the working drawings and construction process, including attending site to carry out inspections as and when required.
- Discharge any planning conditions and submit full plans building regulations applications on the technical team’s behalf.
- Direct junior members of technical team on individual projects
You should be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of building processes and Building Regulations and have a strong interest in architecture and design; you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in residential working drawings design. Ideally you will have experience of running individual projects and co-ordinating consultants through working drawing stages of a project.
Salary circa £30,000 - £40,000 + company car / car allowance