Are you looking for an opportunity to take the lead on projects and contribute to the ongoing success of a business
Your New Role
My client is a practice based on the outskirts of Peterborough and are looking to recruit an experienced Architectural Technician or Technologist to join the team due to meet a growing workload of projects. You will be involved on projects at all stages, these projects range from house extensions, high-end residential projects, small developments and listed buildings.
- Arrange and carry out detailed surveys.
- Produce accurate CAD drawings of existing and proposed buildings and spaces.
- Liaise effectively with Directors to resolve sketch proposals as per the brief and budget whilst applying technical knowledge of construction.
- Produce accurate, detailed Planning, Listed Building and Building Regulation drawings for submission to Local Authorities.
- Produce detailed construction drawings and tender information packs.
- Produce 3D models for marketing or for design enquiry purposes.
- Liaise effectively with, and procure where necessary, appropriate third-party consultants.
- Attend site meetings and produce specification notes and construction details.
- Effectively manage multiple projects at different stages.
- Liaise with installation teams, sub-contract suppliers, customers, and suppliers.
- Produce detailed works instructions, material specifications and schedules of work.
- Research and source specialist materials and to some extent fixtures and fittings
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an Architectural Practice.
- Detailed working knowledge and use of relevant software (Photoshop, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up alongside the Microsoft office suite)
- Ability to produce 3D models/renders (Sketch Up, Lumion etc)
- Detailed knowledge and application of English Building Regulations
- Understanding of constructional constraints when designing
- Must be able to provide examples of construction knowledge and drawing ability.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision on construction drawings/building regulations requirements.
- Good communication skills and knowledge of products.
- High level of accuracy and administrative efficiency.
- Experience on site and managing projects with honed associated administration skills drawing register management.
Salary in the range of £27,000 - £35,000 dependent upon experience