Accounts Assistant - PART TIME
Fancy a Part Time role by the sea?! Brilliant Part Time opportunity for a leading lettings company based in Cromer!
Your New Role
Fancy a Part time role by the sea?!
You could be working within a busy Lettings department, supporting the Senior Lettings Manager in daily accounting activities. The role is varied in content and has a high level of liaison with the wider business and clients, most notably landlords and tenants and the Business Finance Manager.
You will be working in a fun environment with a great mixture of staff. We spend most of our lives at work so we might as well enjoy it!
My client has a proven track record of providing the very best client care and the testament to this is the fact that a large percentage of their clients have been with them for many years. Every member of the team is encouraged to 'go the extra mile', by delivering more, adding value and exceeding the expectations.
- To work as part of a front-line lettings team supporting landlords and tenants with lettings financial transactions.
- Updating system software in applying rents and reconciling bank accounts.
- To support the day-to-day lettings accounting function of the firm including administration of its letting client account including reconciliations in accordance with professional regulations.
- Providing accounting support and advice to landlords including landlord statements. Actioning monthly reporting activities and liaising with Business Finance in maintaining RICS compliance.
- Chasing outstanding invoices and chasing outstanding landlord balances. Rent arrears tracking and charging.
- Taking card payments for rent, applications, through Worldpay and pay by link.
- Understanding the Deposit Protection Scheme, keeping up-to-date and relevant records.
- Manage and support all finance and accounting duties within the lettings department portfolio provided. This will include answering phone calls and live chat conversations within the Lettings Department and answering accounting queries and general lettings queries.
- Involved in lettings activities such as deposit protection scheme, landlord communications and tenant queries.
The Ideal Candidate:
- High attention to detail, be organised and methodical with good numeracy skills and be accurate and analytical.
- They must be able to learn quickly have strong systems knowledge including Excel.
- Previous experience of working within an accounts/finance function and/or lettings agency.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To be motivated and able to work on their own initiative with a hands-on approach to a busy Lettings Department.
Feel free to contact me today - firstname.lastname@example.org or 07515373789