Urban Designer / Layout Designer
Our client is looking for a Residential Layout Designer to join their expanding practice. Ideally you will have layout design and detailed house type experience gained directly with a residential developer or consultant working within the urban design and architectural sector.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding business that is seeing strong growth in their current workload.
The successful applicant will play a key role in preparing and producing design and access statements for new build housing. You will have experience of working with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Sketch-Up. Ideally, you will have experience working with a developer, however, candidates currently working within private practice or a consultancy are also encouraged to apply
You will be involved on works at a range of development scales, from large strategic masterplanning to detailed layout design, and work on a number of projects throughout the UK. This includes small and medium sized residential schemes at the outline, reserved matters and detailed stages of planning, and masterplanning projects for sites of up to 2000 homes.
- Proven post qualification professional experience and will have worked on quality residential and mixed used schemes.
- Must have a passion for seeking innovative, sustainable and creative design solutions for ever challenging design propositions.
- Possess a high level of visual and verbal skill including freehand and colour rendering skills. (Experience at producing 1/500 scaled free hand sketch residential layouts would be a distinct advantage).
- Ability for researching and analysing project specific data and information to underpin the design.
- Good team spirit. Strong sense of personal responsibility and dedication to their work and the work of their team.
- Proficiency in using the following software applications is a must, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, AutoCAD, SketchUP and 3DStudio Max.
- Preferably from a residential or multi-disciplinary background.
- You should be able to present a varied portfolio to demonstrate your design skills and experience.
Remuneration dependent upon experience - Circa £30,000 - £45,000 per annum