Trainee Contracts Manager
Specialist construction and cladding company, working on a range of commercial, leisure and retail projects across East Anglia and the South East. Now looking for an HNC level Trainee Contracts Manager / Contracts Assistant with a construction background
Your New Role
Our client is a specialist construction and cladding company, working on a range of commercial, leisure and retail projects across East Anglia, Herts, Essex, London and the South East. They are a well respected company that has been established for over 40 years, dealing with cladding systems and commercial roofing contracts.
They are currently looking for a Trainee Contracts Manager / Contracts Assistant to work on a range of contracts. The successful candidate will ideally already be working within the construction industry and have an HNC in Building Studies or similar with a good understanding of current Health & Safety regulations. Knowledge of the roofing and or cladding sector would be a strong advantage.
Your duties will include:
- Preparing method statements, risk/COSHH assessments and QA checklists
- Ordering and managing all hired in plant; dealing with invoices and inspections
- Carrying out pre-site checks and site inductions
- Recording the progress of works for subcontractor claims for payment
- Preparing progress reports, ordering materials
- check works are being carried our safely and in accordance with the contract method statement. when required
- Prepare and issue contract correspondence
- Assist with site staff training, compliance and inspections
The successful candidate should preferably have:
- SSSTS or SMSTS safety qualification together with a current CSCS management card
- The ability to liaise with Site Team and Drawing Office staff
- Willingness to travel to site visits throughout the South East and East Anglia on a weekly basis, typically 4 days in the office, 1 on site
- relevant IT experience (i.e.: MS Word / Outlook / Excel)
- Self-motivated, ambitious and be capable of working as part of a team.
In return the position offers a company vehicle and opportunities for career advancement. This is an excellent opportunity for a Contracts Assistant. Trainee Contracts Manager, or Site Manager looking to progress with a management position with a specialist contractor.
The successful candidate should be located in Norfolk and be prepared to travel to sites across East Anglia and the South East