We are working with a regional design and build company that offers both contractor and design services across a wide range of construction schemes including industrial, commercial, retail and leisure projects.
Your New Role
Our client is well respected and established business in the region, with a strong portfolio of completed Architecture, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure and General Building projects across East Anglia. Typically projects range in value from small refurbishment / general building schemes from £0.5 - 5m right through to major new build and civil engineering projects up to £30m.
Due to continued expansion they are now looking to recruit a Design Engineer with a Structural Engineering background, to complement their multi-disciplinary design team. You will be joining a team of 16 and work on an interesting, diverse range of projects from pre-contract appraisal, detailed design, and project coordination during construction and delivery. You will work with other disciplines, advise on value engineering and provide design support at all stages to project completion. Your duties will include:
- Production of working designs, reports and specifications in line with national standards
- Produce and check Designers Health and Safety Risk Assessments for the project
- Decide of format and scope of design data required for each project
- Determine technical content of drawing, prepare design reports and calculations
- Provide technical support in terms of design, programme and project brief
- On every project, work closely with other internal and external team members including Architects/Surveyors/Contractors to ensure that the design is compliant with both specification and project cost constraints
- Visit site and report on the technical validity, feasibility or compliance with agreed guidelines of existing, partially complete or proposed projects.
What you need:
- HNC or Degree in Civil & Structural Engineering or related
- Engineering Design Codes of Practice for all materials
- Engineering Design and Detailing (AutoCAD, Fastrack, TEDDS, CADS, ORION or similar)
- Good working knowledge of building regulations
- 4+ years experience in building structures design
In return they can offer you
- The chance to work with a real multi-disciplinary team and see your designs right through to construction and delivery on site
- a competitive salary in the region of £27,000 - £42,000 per annum
- Company car
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays