Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for a change?
Your New Role
An established cost consultancy in Cambridgeshire are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor.
The company is a renowned independent consultancy who specialise in providing a wide range of professional services from planning right through to project delivery.
As a market leader, they are well respected throughout London and the South East where they provide comprehensive cost consultancy and project management services for their clients across a number of industries, typically within the health, leisure, educational, and retail sectors.
With a diverse and lucrative client base they work on a mixture of major projects typically ranging from £5m - £250m. Including a mixture of ongoing and fixed length contracts from established clients on predominately new build and refurbishment projects.
You’ll be joining an expanding office that has come organically through the growth of their clients. Therefore there are already a number of large contracts in place and a growing number of instructions for future projects. This in turn presents a great opportunity for you to contribute to an already recognised and respected brand.
It’s an exciting time to join and for the successful candidate it will offer an extremely rewarding and challenging career. For these reasons they are only interested in speaking with candidates who can help the growth of the office and really add something to their business.
To be considered for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate a strong connection to the local market, be well connected, with a loyal career history. It is essential that you hold a professional subscription to the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS/FRICS), at least 5 years post qualification experience and ideally some management or team leader experience.
Ideally you will already be working for another cost consultancy with experience working on fast paced projects above £1m - ideally across multiple sectors.
- Experience in pre tender and tender documents
- Proven background in cost planning
- Good level of education with at least a 2:1 in a relevant degree
- At least 5+ years experience in a similar role, working for a medium size company
- Ability to lead and support junior quantity surveyors (including APC support)
- Must be a local resident with permission to work in the UK
- Due to the nature of the role; must have own transport
- Strong working knowledge of QS software packages
- Motivated with a driven attitude towards your career
- A natural problem solver
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a demanding client environment
- Have experience working within the commercial sector
- Competent working in a team and independently