Senior Project Engineer
Are you a chartered project engineer looking for a client-side opportunity away from consultancy? Read on for your new career challenge managing bespoke capital projects.
Your New Role
You will become part of a renowned healthcare provider with an international reputation as a Senior Project Engineer in their Estates and Facilities team. Your experience will help complement a multi-disciplined buildings team tasked with the successful delivery of essential construction and buildings projects. You'll be given the opportunity to work with some of the latest technology and manage bespoke projects on state of the art buildings and systems. This isn't your average opportunity.
Working directly alongside the the technical infrastructure manager, you will take personal responsibility for the engineering services pertaining to a variety of capital projects. You will also be required to provide engineering expertise while developing feasibility studies, engineering designs, cost estimates and construction work specifications for projects. In addition, you will lead the technical design elements of schemes from the capital infrastructure programme or maintenance programmes.
To succeed in your new career, you will have:
- A degree in building engineering
- Previous experience managing contractors and direct labour staff
- Extensive knowledge of technical design, installation and commissioning of complex building projects
- Previous experience using CAD drawing packages and design systems
- Conversant with HTM, HBN, IET, EN, building regulations, British standards and fire code
- Knowledge of building services design, development and construction
- Knowledge of H&S regulation in relation to construction including CDM
It would be great if you also had:
- An active membership to a professional engineering institution
- A project management qualification
- PRINCE2 qualification
In return you will earn starting salary package circa £40k - £45k, regular career reviews, competitive holiday entitlement along with enrolment into the organisations pension scheme.