Senior Cost Consultant
Looking for an interesting and rewarding career challenge? We are representing an established and respected cost consultancy in recruiting a key role for their brand new venture in Cambridge.
An established client is looking to appoint an experienced Cost Consultant / Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
The company is a renowned consultant who specialise in providing a wide range of professional services from planning right through to project delivery.
As a market leader, they are well respected throughout London and the South East where they provide comprehensive cost consultancy and project management services for their clients across a number of industries, typically within the health, leisure, educational, and retail sectors.
They have a diverse and lucrative client base and work on a mixture of major projects typically ranging from £5m - £250m. These are a mixture of ongoing and fixed length contracts from established clients on predominately new build and refurbishment projects.
Although this is a new office, the expansion into Cambridge has come organically through the growth of their clients. Therefore there are already a number of large contracts in place and a growing number of instructions for future projects. This in turn presents a great opportunity for you to help establish a new branch with the support and reputation of already recognised and respected brand.
It is an exciting time to join and for the successful candidate it will offer an extremely rewarding and challenging career. For these reasons they are only interested in speaking with candidates who can help establish the office and really add something to their business.
To be considered for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate a strong connection to the local market, be well connected, with a loyal career history. It is essential that you hold a professional subscription to the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS/FRICS), at least 5 years post qualification experience and ideally some management or team leader experience.
Ideally you will already be working for another cost consultancy with experience working on fast paced projects above £1m - ideally across multiple sectors.
- Experience in pre tender and tender documents
- Proven background in cost planning
- Good level of education with at least a 2:1 in a relevant degree
- At least 5+ years experience in a similar role, working for a medium size company
- Ability to lead and support junior quantity surveyors (including APC support)
- Must be a local resident with permission to work in the UK
- Due to the nature of the role; must have own transport.
- Strong working knowledge of QS software packages
- Motivated with a driven attitude towards your career
- Willing to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A natural problem solver
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a demanding client environment
- Have experience in working within the commercial sector
- Competent working in a team and independently
This is a key appointment to ensure the long term success of their new venture. Therefore the role offers a competitive salary and benefits package which will develop accordingly alongside the success of the office. This will be experience dependant, but as a guide, basic salaries are expected to be up to £50,000 plus a full benefit package including healthcare, car allowance and bonus.
If you are interested in the position and feel that you meet the above criteria, please contact us with an up-to date copy of your CV to be considered. Unfortunately the client cannot consider people relocating at this time.