MRICS Project Manager / PQS required for a large residential new build development in Cambridge.
We have been instructed to recruit a Senior Project Manager / PQS to join an expanding multi-disciplinary construction consultancy in Cambridge. As a business, they provide a comprehensive range of services to the public and private sectors including; Design, Engineering, Master planning, Surveying and Project Management. With a strong network of offices, they have been successful in securing a number of long-term contracts in several key towns and cities throughout the South East of England.
They now have over a decade’s trading and have rapidly expanded whilst developing an excellent reputation for delivering high worth and complex projects. This success has led to them recently securing a large residential new build development project in Cambridge. To ensure the project is successfully delivered within time scales and to specification, they have decided to bring in an additional building surveyor to complement their project team.
To ensure the project is successfully delivered within timescales and to specification, they have decided to bring in an additional building surveyor to complement their project team.
You will be joining a small team of professionals who ensure this scheme is delivered in accordance with their key client’s requirements.
Duties will vary, but it is typically expected you will be responsible for;
- Work as a key member of the construction team to ensure the development is delivered within the agreed timescales and to specification
- Provide regular and periodic inspections during key project stages to ensure any substandard or non-compliant work is identified and rectified.
- Attend meetings as required with all involved parties including; client, contractors and suppliers
- Ensure all works are delivered to a high-quality standard, including the successful timely delivery of all benchmarks.
- Assisting the team with any snagging / inspections before signing off each stage.
- Compiling documentation for operating and maintenance (O&M) manuals.
You will be a Chartered Project Manager or PQS with several years of experience delivering residential new build development projects.
You will have excellent knowledge of JCT contracts and a professional membership to either MRICS or MAPM.
The work will be Monday to Friday, circa 40 hours per week and would offer a salary in the region of £40,000 - £45,000. In addition, you will receive additional employee benefits including; 24 days holiday, excellent contributory pension.