Are you an experienced buildings engineer looking for a client-side opportunity to work on bespoke engineering projects? Become part of a renowned healthcare provider with an international reputation for excellence.
Your New Role
You will join a progressive team of multi-disciplined engineers tasked with the successful delivery of capital infrastructure and backlog maintenance programmes.
You’ll be given the opportunity to work with some of the latest technology and systems, managing bespoke engineering projects on a mixture of cutting edge and traditional buildings. This certainly isn’t your average opportunity.
Working directly alongside the technical infrastructure manager, you will take personal responsibility for the engineering services pertaining to a variety of capital projects.
You will be required to:
- Provide Engineering expertise
- Develop feasibility studies,
- Provide Engineering designs, cost estimates and construction work specifications for projects.
- Develop, analyse and review systems of work for the engineering services on site, e.g. fire alarm systems, medical gas, ventilation systems and IT infrastructure systems.
- In addition, you will lead the engineering technical design elements of these schemes.
To succeed in your new career, you will have;
- A degree in building engineering
- Previous experience managing contractors and direct labour staff
- Extensive knowledge of technical design, installation and commissioning of complex building projects
- Previous experience using CAD drawing packages and design systems
- Conversant with DDA, HTM, HBN, building regulations, British standards and fire code
- Knowledge of building services design, development and construction
- Knowledge of H&S regulation in relation to construction including CDM
It would be great if you also had:
- An active membership to a professional engineering institution
- A project management qualification
- PRINCE2 qualification
In return you will earn a starting salary package circa £31k - £37k, based on a 37.5 hour working week.
You will also receive; regular career & pay reviews – with clear guidelines on progression, competitive holiday entitlement along with enrolment into the organisations pension scheme.