Do you have an Engineering, Contracts, or Project Management background? Would you like to work for a market leader, dealing with the design, supply, manufacture and installation of piping and utilities systems. Can you control mechanical, pipework or utilities projects including contract procedures, H&S, pricing, valuations, and accounts.
Your New Role
We are representing a utilities and pipework specialist who design, install and test a range of pre-insulated underground pipe systems on a wide range of leading projects across the UK. If you have a background on mechanical, pipework or utilities projects or have previous experience with a manufacture, design and supply business then this role could be for you.
This is an office-based position coordinating projects throughout the UK with site visits typically 2/3 days a week, good project management skills are essential.
As Project Engineer you will be familiar with contract procedures, have a good understanding of Health & Safety and be capable of controlling projects from tender stage to final completion, including preparing valuations, pricing a product range and final accounts.
You will be working within a small multi-disciplined team controlling various projects from £10k to £2m at any one time from order placement to final account, ensuring each contract is a success by ensuring excellent customer service, anticipating, and responding to client needs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Checking estimates and agreeing order conditions
- Compiling contract specific risk assessments and method statements
- Ensuring accurate working drawings are compiled and dispatched to client
- Ordering all materials and compiling a programme of works if required
- Arranging transportation and delivery of materials to site
- Site visits during installations as required
- Negotiating and placing sub contract orders with installers
- Providing information and supervising sub-contractors during the contract
- Dealing with contract variations, monitoring costs and payments
- Liaising with the client and sub-contractors to ensure the smooth running of the contract, including agreeing final accounts.
- Relevant engineering qualifications would be advantageous.
The salary on offer will reflect your previous experience, circa £45–53K depending on qualifications and relevant experience. The role comes with company vehicle, mobile, laptop and would suit a Project Engineer or Project Manager with contractor experience.