We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer with mechanical, pipework or buried utilities experience
The client is a market leader in underground pre-insulated pipe systems.
Working within a small multi-disciplined team controlling various projects at any one time from order placement to final account and ensuring optimum profits are achieved from each contract. To anticipate and respond to client needs to ensure they offer an exceptional service.
The office based position will involve projects throughout the UK.
Applicants should be familiar with contract procedures, have a good understanding of H&S requirements and be capable of controlling projects from tender stage to final completion, including preparation of valuations, priced variations and final accounts.
• Checking estimate prior to accepting order
• Agreeing order conditions
• Compiling contract specific risk assessments and method statements
• Compiling programme of work if required
• Ensuring accurate working drawings are compiled and dispatched to client
• Ordering all materials for the project
• Arranging transportation and delivery of materials to site
• Negotiating and placing sub contract orders with installers
• Supplying sub contactors with all relevant documentation
• Supervising sub contractors during the contract
• Visiting sites during installations
• Dealing with contract variations
• Monitoring contract costs
• Ensuring all certification is (a) received from sub contractors (b) supplied to the client
• Ensuring as installed drawings are accurately compiled and dispatched to client on time
• Compiling applications for payment and ensuring they are dispatched on time in line with the contract requirements
• Agreeing final accounts with clients and sub contractors
• Ensuring retentions are applied for at the correct time
• Chasing overdue monies
• Liaising with the client and sub contractors to ensure the smooth running of the contract whilst maximising profits
Salary on offer is £40,000 - £45,000 (potentially higher for an exceptional applicant)
They are also offering company car and pension