MRICS Quantity Surveyor or Cost Consultant
Senior appointment for an established cost consultant. Diverse and lucrative client base and opportunity to work on a mixture of major projects typically ranging from £5m - £250m.
Your New Role
An established cost consultancy in Cambridge is looking to appoint an experienced Quantity Surveyor (PQS).
The company is a renowned independent consultancy who specialise in providing a wide range of professional services from planning right through to project delivery.
As a market leader, they are well respected for their comprehensive cost consultancy and project management services for their clients across a number of industries, typically within Retail, health, leisure and educational sectors.
They have a diverse and lucrative client base and work on a mixture of major projects typically ranging from £5m - £250m.
These are a mixture of ongoing and fixed length contracts from established clients on predominately new build and refurbishment projects.
Their expansion into Cambridge from the City came organically through natural client growth. Therefore there are already a number of large contracts in place and a growing number of instructions for future projects. This, in turn, presents a great opportunity for you to help establish a branch with the support and reputation of already recognised and respected brand.
It is an exciting time to join and the opportunity offers an extremely rewarding and challenging career. For these reasons, they are only interested in speaking with candidates who can help establish the office and really add something to their business.
To be considered for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate a strong connection to the local market, be well connected, with a loyal career history. It is essential that you hold a professional subscription to the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS/FRICS), at least 5 years post qualification experience and ideally some management or team leader experience.
Ideally, you will already be working for another cost consultancy with experience working on fast-paced projects above £1m - ideally across multiple sectors.
The skills and attributes they need from you:
- Experience in pre tender and tender documents
- Proven background in cost planning
- Good level of education with at least a 2:1 in a relevant degree
- At least 5+ years experience in a similar role, working for a medium size company
- Ability to lead and support junior quantity surveyors (including APC support)
- Must be a local resident with permission to work in the UK
- Due to the nature of the role; must have own transport.
- Strong working knowledge of QS software packages
- Motivated with a driven attitude towards your career
- Excellent communication skills and a natural problem solver
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a demanding client environment
- Competent working in a team and independently
This is a key appointment to ensure the long-term success of the office. Therefore the role offers a competitive salary and benefits package which will develop accordingly alongside the success of the office.
Full remuneration packages will depend on experience, but as a guide, basic salaries are expected to be in the region of £45,000 - £50,000 with additional benefits including; healthcare, car allowance and bonus.
If you are interested in the position, please contact me with an up-to-date copy of your CV