MRICS Building Surveyor
This is a leading multi-disciplinary in Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire with a specialism in Building Surveying and Town Planning. Established for around 20 years with a good client base and excellent reputation for delivering high calibre work with honest advice and approachable staff. Everyone chips in and there is respect for everyone’s own talents and what they bring to the team dynamic. They currently employ over 100 staff across multiple offices and have the workload and ambition to grow further still.
Due to expansion plans, they are now in a position to appoint a Chartered Building Surveyor with at least 4 years’ experience, to join them in delivering professional building surveying duties and some small scale project management work across Hertford and the surrounding counties. Preferably based out of their office in Hertford, but with the option to also work 50/50 from home or another of their offices in the area; you will be able to manage assigned work with little to no support, although additional support and training will be provided if lacking experience in certain areas (nobody is the master of all core disciplines).
This position would ideally suit someone who is recently Chartered to more experienced Surveyors with around 10 years. The company has a great ethos and they work professionally yet still very approachable, supportive and they encourage personal growth and further training and development. You will ideally be seeking to eventually become a Director within this established company with multiple offices around the local area and a good reputation.
- Must be a full Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Have at least 4 years’ Building Surveying experience
- Private Sector work experience essential
- Competent with many of the core Building Surveying responsibilities
- IT literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Client facing experience
- Due to the nature of the role; must drive.
- Experience in working for a similar (medium) sized private multi-disciplinary
- Able to deliver on professional building surveying duties from early employment
- A team player and willing to pass on knowledge and mentor more junior staff
- Ambitions to expand knowledge and move into more managerial responsibilities
- Some AutoCAD experience would be advantageous but not essential.
My client is offering a healthy remuneration package of between £35,000 - £50,000 basic (negotiable dependent on experience) as well as a car allowance/vehicle, bonus incentive, healthcare and other benefits.