IT Graduate / Software Engineer
Do you have a computer programming background and an interest in surveying and photography? Are you someone that can manipulate high volumes of data and use software to find solutions? Are you a Graduate, Software Engineer or IT Assistant, Surveyor or Engineer looking for something different?
Your New Role
You would be working with a privately-owned engineering specialist who provide bespoke investigation, analysis, and consultancy services on a wide range of historical and modern building projects across the UK and Internationally. This is an exciting opportunity for an IT Graduate, Software Engineer, Surveyor or Technical Assistant looking to join a business experiencing continued growth and success.
You will provide programming support, working closely with Technical Manager on projects across the whole business. Primarily dealing with projects that collect vast amounts of engineering and photographic data, that require interpretation and output into a particular format for client presentation. As you build up your knowledge of their projects you will gain responsibility for writing programs and link software between in-house systems to create client solutions.
- Computer Programming –this one is essential, manipulating data is what you enjoy. We can consider any language but most useful immediately would be VB.net and Python.
- Photography – using a camera in manual mode, understanding how they work and what the settings do! An interest in photography would be real advantage.
- Surveying - previous knowledge of traditional and/or modern surveying techniques
- 3D Scanning – experience or an interest in 3D scanning, either in a surveying context or otherwise would be useful
- CAD, 3D modelling and image processing software - experience of AutoCAD, Point Clouds, Blender, Lightroom or Photoshop would give you an advantage.
You will be someone capable of manipulating large amounts of data, figuring out how to present information clearly to a client and then deliver a solution. Programming skills are essential, ideally with an interest in image processing and computer science. Your bright mind and solution orientated mentality are more important than your background.
Degree qualified in a relevant subject or work experience and a background in maths, IT, graphics, gaming, software, engineering or science – where you can demonstrate an ability to solve problems.
This is an excellent opportunity with long-term career development. The business is still owed by the founding Directors who have built a strong reputation for quality of service and staff retention with offices in East Anglia and overseas.
To be considered for our shortlist and to apply send your CV to Carl Wright