Investigation Engineer / CAD Technician
You will be working for a privately owned specialist engineering company who have an excellent long term staff retention record. Your new role as a Graduate Investigation Engineer or CAD Technician offers strong promotion prospects in a small but successful team, offering long term career development and possible future travel overseas.
You role will include working on a wide range of UK and International projects including historic and modern buildings and civil engineering schemes from offices in East Anglia, Hertfordshire and overseas. The business is still owned by the founding Directors who have built a strong reputation for quality of service; they remain a family focused company, with excellent long term staff retention.
You will be working as am Investigation Engineer undertaking structural testing and site investigation work. This will include the appraisal of structures using instrumentation, investigation, testing and data analysis. Your workload will be varied and challenging, coordinating on-site data collection on a range of projects and site environments, processing the data and reporting results.
You will report to the head office but be based on site typically 3 days a week and 2 days in the office analysing result and reporting back on projects. You will work on client projects across Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Bucks and Berkshire and as such you must be happy to travel across the South East to sites as required.
Working typically within a team, will involve the inspection and assessment of engineered structures on site, and, the collection of material samples from these structures. In the office you will be involved in the handling, analysis and processing of the data collected on site, including some data presentation, basic report writing and use of AutoCAD. Training will be provided in the use of a range of material sampling equipment, site practices and data collection.
Our client is looking for a candidate with a real eye for detail and a flair for the forensic analysis of structures and an interest in investigating solutions.
- A technical background or site experience in structural engineering, civil engineering, buildings, construction or geotechnical engineering
- Previous Site Investigation or Geophysical Testing on buildings, building maintenance or historic preservation projects would be a strong advantage
- Qualifications in civil, structural or environmental engineering, earth sciences, geophysics, or geotechnics
- You must be self motivated, enthusiastic and capable of working as part of an investigation team.
- It is essential you have good computer skills and a full UK driving licence
- CAD Technicians will also be considered for a similar role with the same company.
The basic salary will be circa £20-25K depending on level and relevant work experience. You will also be eligible for a site bonus to cover any overnight stays or occasional weekend work which is typically an extra £500-£1,000 per annum. Transport, accommodation and food allowances will be paid for site work as required. Other benefits include a non contributory pension scheme, in house training and the possibility of working overseas in the future.