Intermediate Building Surveyor
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a chartered building surveyor to join an established company of professional surveyors, covering the London and Hertfordshire area.
This small practice is connected to a much larger property management company. Because of this, a large proportion of work if for large residential blocks and high end, private houses, as well as some commercial properties such as offices, and more recently, some schools and educational establishments.
This role is for a Chartered Building Surveyor, preferably with professional and project experience, looking to progress their career. You will be working along two other experienced, chartered building surveyors and one graduate. There will also be an additional graduate surveyor appointed in the not too distant future. This position would ideally suit a recently Chartered Building Surveyor or someone with around 2-3 years Post Chartered (Qualified) Experience.
The core aspects of work carried out will predominantly involve the following:
- Contract Administration – Projects predominantly internal common parts and external repairs and redecorations, some specialist repair projects etc
- Defect investigation and reporting with recommended repairs
- Licence to Alter requests
- Planned Maintenance Programme development
- Reinstatement Cost Assessment inspections, calculations and reporting
- Party Wall instructions for Building Owner, Adjoining Owner and Agreed Owner
- Dilapidations instructions
- Building Condition surveys
Because of where the clients are based, your time will be split between Hertfordshire and London, so either location is a possible home for the right candidate, although local to Hertford would be the preferred. Unfortunately relocation is not an option in this instance.
- Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- At least 2 years industry experience
- Experience at working within the private sector
- Direct client liaison experience
- Have experience at managing an individual work load
- Be comfortable in the key areas of project building surveyor work and have the knowledge and ability to carry out the above work.
- Experience at working with block residential properties
- Some knowledge of the London and Hertfordshire geographical area
- A passion for the work carried out and taking pride in the success of yourself and others.
In return; my client is offering a competitive remuneration package of around £40,000 basic plus a car allowance, bonus scheme, private healthcare and pension; and the strong prospect of becoming a director within a secure and progressive practice.