Graduate Town Planner
A leading planning consultancy with a real estates and auctioneering background is looking for a new appointment in their Cambridge Head Office due to expansion. With a strong leadership team, and decades of experience in planning from a consultancy side, they are industry leaders with an excellent local reputation and have an almost unrivalled team in their expertise. Their client base is extensive with many prestigious clients providing repeat business.
As they continue to grow, there is room to take on a Graduate Planner (ideally from a Town Planning background although Urban Planning will also be considered); and there is a large amount of support in place to put a Graduate Planner through their training programme to become full MRTPI. As a result, you must already have a RTPI accredited degree, and preferably at least 3+ months experience in planning from a consultancy or client background.
Your duties will vary as you gain experience and move closer towards MRTPI status, but you can expect to be assisting with all key core elements of planning, working on a wide and diverse portfolio of properties.
- Must have a relevant degree in Planning (RTPI or RICS accredited)
- At least 3 months experience in working within either a Town or Urban Planning role
- Private sector work experience
- IT literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with multiple people/departments
- Willing to undergo additional training and work towards Chartership (RTPI preferred)
- Due to the nature of this role, must have a full UK driving license
- My client isn’t able to look at relocations at this time, so must live a commutable distance to Cambridge.
- A-C grade in GSCE Math and English
- A 2:1 degree or higher
- Previous experience working for a private consultancy or planning practice
- Direct client liaison experience
- Already registered as a student member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Good local knowledge
- A firm understanding of UK Planning Regulations
- Career focused and driven to succeed.
My client is offering excellent mentoring and the chance to work for one of the UK’s most notable Planning Consultancies. You will be put through your RTPI membership (paid for by the company) and be rewarded for the hard work you do. Starting salary depends on the amount of experience you have when joining, but will be around £20,000 - £26,000 basic, and there will be further reviews through your graduate progression.