Graduate Planner - Cambridge
A medium sized multidisciplinary with a strong estates origin and many years trading experience. With an established Planning team in several offices (8 in total), their flagship office and lead planning team is based out of Cambridge. Their clientele are highly desirable and they have built up an exceptional reputation of the highest quality of work and for not cutting corners, with a strong regional reputation as one of the leading consultancies.
Due to expansion, there is an excellent opportunity for a Graduate Planner to join their established planning team, with a strong career progression path towards MRTPI status. You will have access to a variety of work, predominantly for commercial properties and private developers. The nature of the role will vary as you will gain access to a variety of work and a mixed portfolio, and you should find the work stimulating and broad, making access to MRTPI status.
- Hold a relevant degree in Planning at a 2:1 level or higher (2:2 with additional experience will be considered)
- Some Private Sector experience would be highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate (including Microsoft Office)
- Client liaison experience
- Workload/case management
- Due to nature of this role; must hold full UK driving license.
- Willing to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- A desire to progress in your career and a passion for planning
- Have started your APC (preferably 1+ years exp)
- Have a good record of employer loyalty (no job hopping every 6 months).
My client is offering a competitive remuneration package with a basic around £19,000 - £28,000 (dependent on your level of experience), and room for further advancements as you gain experience. You will also be given mentoring and support towards becoming MRTPI or even MRICS, although RTPI is the more preferred opportunity, with a team that has a stronger RTPI background.