Graduate / Assistant Structural Engineer
A well respected, independent and innovative practice are looking for a Graduate or Assistant level Structural Engineer to complement their Bedfordshire design team.
Our client is established multi-disciplinary regional consultancy who have a long-term record of delivering a full spectrum of services across many industries including; commercial, education, property, industrial, and residential projects. With a growing number of offices they are looking for a Design Engineer to be involved in residential and building structures design projects.
The successful candidate will have a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and ideally 2+ years experience with a UK Consultancy. You will be assisting senior engineers undertaking engineering analysis and calculations and providing technical support including report writing.
You must be able to work collaboratively to ensure projects are a success and completed on time. This is an excellent opportunity for a Structural Engineer looking for a company that can support a long term career plan to Chartered status.
- Must be locally based to Bedfordshire or have previous connections to the region
- HNC or degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Willingness to undertake further training towards CEng status.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in producing calculations by hand and using computer packages such as TEDDS, STADD PRO etc.
- Good analytical, IT, presentation and organisational skills, AutoCAD an advantage
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, demonstrate initiative and be proactive
- Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self
Salary will reflect your design experience. The company offers a comprehensive benefits package and would support long-term professional development and training.