Are you an Estimator looking for something different? A chance to work for a market leader, supporting a capital expenditure portfolio of engineering and construction projects, both UK and internationally based. Would you like to join a project management team, working on priority projects, as lead and estimating support?
Your New Role
You would be working for a multinational specialist across a range of sectors and priority projects from their head office, including sustainable technologies, cutting-edge science and capital engineering and construction projects. As Estimator, you will work within a project management team, where you will have responsibility for the planning, set up and development of cost/schedule estimates for engineering procurement and construction projects ranging from £1-200m. You will also be involved in validating estimates from third parties, determining key variables for costs and gather first hand information from sites, projects and benchmarking.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Development of a centre of excellence for the estimating function.
- Conducting research and data on labour costs, materials, production times for the creation of a best practice database.
- Using estimating software (@RISK, Primevera P6, Keyedin, Excel, tableu or similar) for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- Obtain and critically review offers and quotes by sub-contractors or vendors
- Perform and contribute to risk analysis, submit estimate reports and bids
- Work with the project management team to provide consultation on planning schedules, resourcing needs and future development opportunities.
Your key skills:
- Previous experience in a similar industry is essential, preferably manufacturing, pharma, construction, Oil & Gas or similar with an engineering background.
- An understanding of engineering and construction procurement methods within an international project base.
- Highly analytical, with an excellent knowledge of research and analysis methods.
- Experience in probabilistic modelling incorporating uncertainty & risk.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/ Project/ Primavera 6
- A Project Management Qualification would be an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader, working with their priority projects team, where you will be involved in an exciting range of capital projects. The salary and benefits package will reflect your previous procurement and projects experience. To be considered for our shortlist please contact Carl Wright.