This design and construction client is looking to recruit an Estimator to join their in-house sales team. Evaluating and measuring from drawings you will produce quotations, deal with enquiries and help to secure orders for production on a range of structural engineering schemes.
Your New Role
Our client is a specialist structural product manufacturer for the structural engineering industry that deal with the design, build, installation and construction on a range of building structures, retaining walls and pre-cast concrete projects. They work closely with a range of building contractors and engineering consultants and are now looking to appoint a Estimator for their sales team due to continuing growth and a major upgrade in their manufacturing capabilities.
Reporting to the Sales Manager your main responsibilities will include:
· Contacting clients either by phone or email to obtain accurate information about their requirements from initial enquiries received.
· Evaluate drawings/information received to produce an accurate mark-up of the project including loading requirements and measuring floor areas.
· Producing a quotation within the sales department about the project in order to increase the likelihood of securing the project for production.
· Monitor the workload and prioritise your time in consultation with the Sales Manager.
· Following up previous orders to ensure excellent customer service and to help secure future work
You will already have an understanding and some exposure to the building and construction industry. For example, previously successful candidates have come from a kitchen/bathroom sales designer roles. Or alternatively from jobs with a landscaping, construction, commercial, architectural or engineering background. You will be highly enthusiastic willing individual who is keen to build long term and effective relationships with both customers, clients and the internal design team.
· Previous building industry estimating experience preferable but full training will be given.
· A high level of computer literacy with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an strong advantage.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, organisational skills, good time management and a sense of urgency.
· A confident and professional telephone manner is essential along with attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Junior Estimator or a commercial minded person working within the building industry. Our client is a highly driven organisation with a strong track record of delivering on quality and long term customer satisfaction. The role offers the chance to progress within the commercial team and then onto design. In return you can expect a competitive salary ranging from £18,000 to £25,000 depending on your commercial work experience