Engineering Technician / Engineer
We are working with a regional design and build company that offers both contractor and design services across a wide range of construction schemes including industrial, commercial, retail and leisure projects.
Your New Role
Our client is well respected and established business in the region, with a strong portfolio of completed Architecture, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure and General Building projects across East Anglia. Typically projects range in value from small refurbishment / general building schemes from £0.5 - 5m right through to major new build and civil engineering projects up to £30m.
Due to continued expansion they are now looking to recruit an Engineering Technician / Technician Engineer with a Civil & Structural background, to complement their multi-disciplinary design team. You will be joining a team of 16 and work on an interesting, diverse range of projects from pre-contract appraisal, detailed design, and project coordination during construction and delivery. You will work with other disciplines, advise on value engineering and provide design support at all stages to project completion. Duties will include:
- Production of working drawings, reports and specifications in line with national standards
- Working with Senior Engineering staff, decide on the format and scope of design data
- Produce and check Designers Health and Safety Risk Assessments for each project
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with all relative project drawings.
- Determine technical content of drawings, from Engineers calculations into construction details, general arrangements, working drawing, schedules and specifications
- Work with other team members, including Architects/Surveyors/Contractors to ensure that the design is compliant with both drawings and specification
- Visit site for measurement surveys, technical checking and construction support during the build, including on site reinforcement checking
What you need:
- HNC in Civil Engineering preferred but not essential
- Structural Steel and Reinforced Concrete Detailing
- General Engineering Detailing (minimum AutoCAD, REVIT would be an advantage)
- Knowledge of building regulations
- 4+ years experience in building structures or civil engineering design
In return they can offer you
- The chance to work with a real multi-disciplinary team and see your designs right through to construction and delivery on site
- a competitive salary in the region of £25,000 - £38,000 per annum
- Company car