Director of Finance and Operations
Our client is a leading Fashion business based in central London who is looking for a Director of Finance and Operations to lead finance, IT, HR, facilities management and office administration at both a strategic and operational level.
Your New Role
The Director of Finance and Operations leads finance, IT, HR, facilities management and office administration at both a strategic and operational level, and is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) responsible for the strategic and effective leadership of the organisation. This role manages the Audit and Governance Committee of the Board, is responsible for all statutory financial reporting to the Board of Trustees, and is Company Secretary.
- Reports to Executive Director UK & SVP Europe.
- Works in close coordination with all members of the Senior Management Team and Heads of UK functions.
- Works with the Board of Trustees - in particular, members of the Audit and Governance Committee.
- Manages a team of 7 with 3 direct reports (Head of Finance and IT, Head of HR and Office Manager.)
- Key US contacts (based in New York): Chief Financial Officer, Controller and Director International Finance, Chief HR Officer, Chief Information Officer and Legal Counsel: ensures regular liaison on matters of mutual interest and concern.
- Finance: To provide a high and consistent standard of financial assurance to the Executive Director and Board of UK, and the delivery of effective financial services;
- HR: To ensure the provision of high-quality HR business partnering, providing support to managers through the whole employee life-cycle;
- Office Services: To ensure the provision of high standard office services: management of premises and key external suppliers;
- IT: Ensure the provision of IT support to the UK office;
- Risk and team management;
- External representation and liaison;
- Company Secretary and statutory compliance;
- Fully qualified Chartered Accountant with significant post-qualification experience
- Significant experience of working at a senior level in a similar position (Finance, Resources or Operations).
- Experience of working for an international organisation at a strategic level, and of leading teams, including during periods of change.
- Experience in leading financial planning, managing a budget of at least £50 million and a track record of sound financial management.
- Experience of HR management (as a line manager or leading HR within an organisation)
- Adaptability and flexibility: resilience, remains calm in high pressured situations, accepts new assignments and challenges, and responds productively to change.
- Working with others: the ability to work well with others and in a cross-cultural team environment; collaborates effectively across groups and sets a tone of co-operation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of UK employment legislation and best practice.
- Experience of working as part of an organisational Senior Management Team.
- Work in the not-for-profit, and preferably the overseas aid sector.
- Understanding of statutory donor financial compliance; an experience of financial management of commercial contracts and competitive tenders.
Salary & Benefits
£70k - £80k + benefits