Development Surveyor / Senior Planner
Join a busy development team seeking an ambitious individual to grow the sector and take the department forward.
Your New Role
An established chartered surveying company specialising in land and property are looking for an experienced Development Surveyor / Senior Planner to join their busy development team and assist in growing the sector and taking the department forward. You will be based in a centrally located office in an identified growth area where you will advise clients on promoting land for development, preparation and submission of a wide variety of planning applications, providing solutions to planning and development issues.
- Identify and promote strategic sites with potential
- Liaise with clients, advising how best to take sites forward
- Negotiate Heads of Terms with developers / promoters regarding planning promotion agreements, options or other joint venture arrangements
- Prepare design and access and planning statements
- Keep informed of local plans and liaise with planning authorities
- Engage with Parish Councils regarding developing neighbourhood plans
- Liaise with colleagues in other departments to provide other property services
- Liaise with clients and consultants regarding specialist reports for flood risk, ecology, highways, contamination etc.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar relevant role
- RICS / RTPI qualification
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients, colleagues and third parties
- Ambitious and driven
- Clean driving licence
You will receive a salary of £50,000+ for the right individual, depending on experience, along with mileage allowance and excellent progression opportunities.