Assistant / Graduate Project Engineer
Do you have an Engineering, Contracts, or Project Management background or qualification? Would you like to work for a market leader, dealing with the design, supply, manufacture and installation of piping and utilities systems. Learn how to control projects including contract procedures, H&S, pricing, valuations, and accounts.
Your New Role
We are representing a utilities and pipework specialist who design, install and test a range of pre-insulated underground pipe systems on a wide range of leading projects across the UK. If you have a background on mechanical, pipework or utilities projects or have previous experience with a manufacture, design and supply business then this role could be for you.
This is an office-based position coordinating projects throughout the UK with site visits typically two days a week, a full driving licence is essential.
As an Assistant / Junior Project Engineer you will work alongside Project Engineers and assist with procedures, Health & Safety and the control of projects from tender stage to final completion, including assisting with valuations, pricing and final accounts.
You will be working within a small multi-disciplined team controlling various projects from £10k to £2m at any one time. Gaining experience until you can take on your own projects, dealing with order placement to final account, ensuring excellent customer service, anticipating, and responding to client needs.
Training can be provided but ideally you will have:
- Previous work experience in a construction, engineering design or project management environment, Building Services, HVAC, Groundworks and Civil Works would be an advantage
- Experience following engineering procedures and change control methods
- Knowledge of preparing Risk Assessments & Method Statements
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Project or other programming software.
- Basic understanding of project lifecycles.
- Basic knowledge of Construction Health & Safety (SSMTS, IOSH, Appointed Persons Lifting Operations certification would be an advantage).
- Liaising with the client and sub-contractors to ensure the smooth running of the contract, including agreeing final accounts.
- A degree or HNC/D in Quantity Surveying, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, Construction Management, Built Environment or Building Studies.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Graduate or Technician level candidate looking for a start in an industry with real growth potential. The salary on offer will reflect your previous experience, qualifications, and relevant experience. The role comes with company vehicle, mobile, laptop and would suit a Project Engineer, Assistant or Graduate with Project Management or contractor experience.